Lately, I have been searching for ideas (and Pinning up a storm) about decorating a rental home, but almost every great idea starts somewhere along the lines of "ask your landlord if you can paint the walls". Argh!
Let's just assume you are NOT allowed to paint the walls, or put holes in the wall for that matter. Let's assume that you move frequently (every year or two), to houses you rarely have any choice in, which are in very different locations and climates. Let's assume that this is going to be your lifestyle for the foreseeable future, and so you are eager to make the effort to make each house you live in a true 'home' for as long as you are there. Let's assume you are working with a modest budget, and therefore have to carefully consider how each furniture or decor investment can be utilised in future homes. Let's assume you have NO background in interior design, or anything remotely artistic or 'handy' for that matter.
What you DO have is plenty of enthusiasm! And plenty of time in the middle of the night while you are breastfeeding your newborn to scour the internet looking for ideas and inspiration :)
That's me!
I have also recently discovered the Australian-based Decorating Forum, and have become a wee little bit obsessed with it :) Everyone is so helpful and so friendly - I only hope they don't get overwhelmed with the sheer volume of questions I will have to ask when we finally get into the next house :)
So I have started this blog as a place to collate all the ideas and photos and tips I am collecting about rental-friendly decorating. It's mainly for my own benefit, but if you have some ideas or comments to share, please, please do!
No comments:
Post a Comment