I am sitting in a sea of half-packed boxes, getting ready for another interstate move in 9 days. Over on the Decorating Forum (my new home away from home lol), we were asked to share our New Year's Resolutions. My first one is to start this blog! I've been writing little post snippets for a few months actually, using it as a space to collect ideas about decorating our next rental home. Now that we are almost in that home, it's probably about time that I start actually publishing my posts so I can get some feedback and advice on my decorating dilemmas, and show off my successes and failures/lessons learned :)
Before I get to that though, I decided instead of the same resolutions I make every year - like getting more organised, losing weight, and finishing things I start - I'd try to be more consciously influenced by a few quotes I have collected recently (you can link to the sources via my Pinterest board). Of course there are many inspirational quotes around, but these in particular really speak to me, and remind me of how I want to be living my life in 2013 and beyond.
Those two pretty much speak for themselves, and for the way I want to be. The next 3 relate to how I am often nervous around new people, afraid they are judging me, wondering if they like me, and sometimes feeling 'used'. I am resolved to stop thinking that way.
I also need to find more motivation. To stop just dreaming of doing things, and actually DO them. To finish what I start (this blog, for example!).
Finally, in relation to my parenting, there are so many things I want to work on and be better at. SO many poems and passages out there about how better to be with, enjoy, and teach our children. I have chosen these two to focus on.
I think that is enough inspiration for me for the first day of the year :) Plenty more days to come!












Congratulations on publishing your blog Fluttergirls. I love so many of your quotes and will be taking a few of those as my new year resolutions too.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your big move to Canberra:)
Thanks for taking the plunge, FG! A lot of what you've said over your first three posts applies to me, and I really need to learn to live in and enjoy the now, rather than the next.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to following your blog.
M
x